Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nate's 6th Birthday

So Nate's birthday was well over a month ago - August 8th, to be precise.  Reagan's was even longer ago, and I will get to her next.  Nate's birthday happened to land on a very busy day around here.  August 8th just happened to be registration and jump start for high school, as well as registration for middle school.  I was gone most of the morning.  Then we also had some things in the afternoon and then scouts at night.  I think it was 9:00 pm before Nate got the chance to open his gifts and have some cupcakes.  Nate had a specific request.  He wanted cupcakes with licorice and gummy worms, so I obliged.  The cupcakes were quite messy looking, but he loved them and that is what counts. 

Nate had a lego birthday.  He got a lego set from Uncle John, one from Gramma J., and 2 small sets from us.  He also got a Scooby Doo DVD, which all of the kids loved.  Nate spent that evening (until really late) and the next day building a bunch of legos.  I do not love how expensive legos are, but I do love that they are a great building toy for kids. 

Since Nate turned 6 on his birthday, I want to share 6 reasons why we love him.  Of course, there are many more than 6 reasons, but that is what we will highlight today. 
  1.  Nate has a crooked grin (that he tries to hide) that melts our hearts.
  2. Nate is one of the best servers in the world.  He volunteers to vaccuum, mow the lawn, and basically do any kind of work with his dad. 
  3. Nate would do anything in the world for his little sister.  Reagan will lose one of her treats that she has been given and Nate is the first one to jump up and sacrifice one of his treats so that she can have it.  In fact, the other boys tell him that he is "too nice" to Reagan on a daily basis.  I am not sure if you can be "too nice."
  4. Nate loves school.  During best and worst at the dinner table, Nate's best usually has something to do with school.
  5.  Nate loves to sing in primary.  He stands up tall and lifts up his chin and sings with all of his might (sometimes a little too much might).
  6. Nate is an awesome bike rider, which makes biking trips a lot easier for our family.  I do not know many 6 year olds who go biking at Elena Gallegos and rip downhill with such speed that I can hardly believe it.  Nate is pretty fearless and very skilled.

And there are so many more things that I love about him, but I will hold on to those until next year.  We cannot imagine our family without Nate.  He is one of those children that every parent would love to have in their family.

We love you Nate!

 What a cupcake.  It was hard to fit the candles on that one!
 
 Eric could not wait to dig in as well.  Eric and Nate happen to be wearing the same shirt and it is kind of hard to tell them apart in this picture.
 
 Uncle John picked a winner.
 
 So did Gramma J.
 
 Money never hurts either.  Nate is saving up for something big someday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment