Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What we love about each other

One of our family's favorite FHE's is to have us all write down separately what we love about each other and then we go around the room and share it.  A week before Corey left on his mission, I wanted to make sure that we did this.  It was a great night and will remain one of my favorite activities ever.


What Stacy said about Jake
·       I love that dad makes lots of funny jokes to lighten the mood and make us all laugh.
·       I love that dad is a hard worker and is always the last one to leave anywhere – because he is always the last one helping out and making sure it is all done.
·       I love that dad still plays volleyball like a boss.
·       I love that dad is musical and has a great voice.
·       I love that dad is always trying to make me happy.
·       I love that dad teaches lots and lots of life lessons to each of us.

What Corey said about Jake
·       Dad is always looking for opportunities to serve and help others.
·       He’s a great example of a worthy priesthood holder and exercises that power righteously to serve the family and others.
·       He’s a great, hard worker, firm in his beliefs and a great example of what a father should be.

What Jared said about Jake
·       He is always here to lighten the mood.
·       He is also always here to bring the Spirit in.
·       He about helping out and showing us how a father should be.
·       He’s taught me about playing guitar, technology, and so many other things.

What Eric said about Jake
·       Dad teaches me and gives me great firecrackers.

What Nathan said about Jake
·       Dad loves to play board games with me and lets me help him with projects and does lots of action things with me.  I also like it when we play slither and watch shows together.

What Reagan said about Jake
·       Dear Dad, one of the things I like about you is you give me really good firecrackers.

When Jake said about Mom
·       Keeps our home clean in spite of all of our family members
·       Is very good at helping family consistently read scriptures and prayer together.
·       Is awesome at helping our family save money
·       Is a hottie.
·       Helps to wake us up every morning.
·       Has an awesome testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
·       She knows who she is and doesn’t try to impress others with vain things that aren’t important.

What Corey said about Mom
·       Mom makes the most delicious food.
·       She is always trying to further our knowledge of the important things in life.
·       She wants what is best for all of us even if that includes a little nagging to get it done.
·       She is always supportive through it all.

What Jared said about Mom
·       I love how mom makes delicious food for all of us.
·       She knows what clothes we each like and everything else that we like.
·       She always here for me to talk to and joke around with.
·       I like how I can relate to her and see how I am like her.
·       I like how she helps us and keeps working with us even though we do not always express gratitude.
·       I love how she cares for me safely and securely.

What Eric said about Mom
·       I love that mom does so many mundane tasks in order to help us out and keep us happy. 
·       I love that mom loves lemon deserts like me.

What Nathan said about Mom
·       She cleans up the house, helps me with projects, and cooks me great food.  I also like how mom likes to play games with me when I am bored.

What Reagan said about Mom
·       Dear mom, one of the things I like about you is you made cheesecake for us.

What Jake said about Corey
·       Is a good example to others.
·       Does exceptionally well at administering the sacrament.
·       I love that he is working in the temple every day.
·       I love it when he spends “bonding time” with his siblings.
·       I’m grateful for his desire to serve a mission.
·       I’m grateful for his desire to do what is right and keep the commandments
·       I like that he keeps the standards in For the Strength of Youth.
·       I love that he is tech. savvy.

What Stacy said about Corey
·       I love that Corey is happy and tries to share that happiness by doing some funny and silly things with his siblings.
·       I love that Corey is willing to go on a mission and serve the Lord for 2 years.
·       I love that Corey has strong convictions and sticks to them no matter what.
·       I love that Corey seems to love spending time with his parents and family.
·       I love that Corey has ambition and has goals for his life.
·       I love that Corey has been fully converted to the celestial sport – volleyball.

What Jared said about Corey
·       I like how Corey sets a good example to me.
·       I like how we get to watch shows together.
·       I really like how we now get the chance to talk on equal ground.
·       I like how Corey jokes around, as long as he is not being mean to his siblings.
·       I have always admired his strength in the gospel.

What Eric said about Corey
·       I love that Corey is witty and a great example to me.

What Nathan said about Corey
·       Corey would play almost all the games I like to play with him and he can drive me places when mom and dad can’t.  I like playing spanking wars with him.  I also like how he is very happy all the time.

What Reagan said about Corey
·       Dear Corey, one of the things I like most about you is you ask me questions at the night.

What Jake said about Jared
·       Is dedicated to keeping the covenants he has made
·       Does really well at helping others feel included and valued.
·       Is really organized and determined to do well at everything.
·       I love the firecrackers he gives.
·       Is a fantastic example to others.  I love hearing other parent’s say, “If my sons could turn out half as good as Jared….”
·       I like how Jared loves music (piano and guitar)
·       I like how he keeps the standards in For the Strength of Youth.

What Stacy said about Jared
·       I love that Jared started the family tradition of going to the temple each Friday.
·       I love that Jared works hard to learn new things – like guitar.
·       I love that Jared is a good friend to all.
·       I love that Jared is an excellent planner and good at managing his time.
·       I love that Jared is independent and loves to ride his bike.

What Corey said about Jared
·       Jared is very organized and a planner, things that I am not.
·       Jared is great at doing work for the dead, and I’m sure many are eternally grateful for the work he’s done.
·       Jared likes to be self reliant and sometimes doesn’t know when to ask for help.

What Eric said about Jared
·       I love that Jared has great music skills, is nice, is Mr. Service Boy, and that we have some great and funny conversations.

What Nathan said about Jared
·       Jared is a very good sport when I play games with him.  He makes me laugh a lot and shares good stories with me.

What Reagan said about Jared
·       Dear Jared, one of the things I like about you is that you always want to point out that we are best buds.

What Jake said about Eric
·       I like how he has a love of reading.
·       I like how he shares his sense of humor.
·       He does really well with school.
·       He wants the world to be a better place.
·       He helps members of his quorum feel valued and included.
·       He is courageous and does not shy away from talking to other people.
·       Eric goes to the temple and does family history.
·       Eric is a great soccer keeper – he has no fear.

What Stacy said about Eric
·       I love that Eric loves to make people smile and laugh.
·       I love how Eric welcomes people and makes them all feel accepted.
·       I love that Eric is not afraid to give his all and sacrifice his body when playing sports.
·       I love that Eric is always willing to serve with me (going to roadrunner and the library)
·       I love that Eric enjoys playing the piano.

What Corey said about Eric
·       Eric is very resourceful and retains a lot of knowledge that he can call on at a moment’s notice.
·       He shares my knack for talent in sports.
·       He’s not afraid to sacrifice for the team.
·       He is always trying to be bright and funny.

What Jared said about Eric
·       I like how Eric is willing to talk about things with me.
·       I love Eric’s attitude when he jokes around good naturedly.
·       I like how Eric plays games and sports with me.
·       I love how me and Eric get to go to the temple together.

What Nathan said about Eric
·       Eric likes to build forts with me and plays games that most other people in the family would not play with me.  I also like that he does lots of action things with me.

What Reagan said about Eric
·       Dear Eric, one of the things I like about you is you are almost always willing to help me.

What Jake said about Nathan
·       I like it when he plays games with me.
·       I like hearing about things he does at school.
·       Nate does well at being reverent at church.
·       Nate does well at helping others.
·       Nate is a hard worker.  I really like it when he mows the lawn.
·       I like hearing Nate play the cello and piano.
·       I like how he hugs me when I come home from work.

What Stacy said about Nathan
·       I love that Nathan continues to be a good worker – at home and at school.
·       I love that Nathan loves to play the cello and that he works hard.
·       I love that Nathan will still snuggle with me.
·       I love that Nathan has learned to be more kind to Corey and he has learned how to have fun with him.

What Corey said about Nathan
·       I love when me and Nate get to mess around with each other.  Whether in a spanking war, tickle war, snuggle war, or who gets the bed war.
·       I like how Nate is always looking to serve others.
·       I love it that Nate and me are buds for life.

What Jared said about Nathan
·       I like how Nathan is always willing to help and serve.
·       I like how Nathan always shares his candy with me.
·       I like when Nate plays games with me.

What Eric said about Nathan
·       I love that Nate is fun to play with and I like that Nate is sometimes willing to accept my new ideas.

What Reagan said about Nathan
·       Dear Nate, one of the things I like about you is you play with me a lot.

What Jake said about Reagan
·       I like her crafty creativity.
·       I like seeing her make new friends and play nicely with others.
·       I like how she helps children at school to feel valued and how she befriends them.
·       I like how she decided to be baptized and is keeping her covenants.
·       I like how she loves to learn.
·       I like when she treats her brothers kindly and lets them hug her.
·       I love seeing her have fun, like when she swings every morning in the front yard before school.
·       I like how she hugs me when I come home from work.

What Stacy said about Reagan
·       I love that Reagan loves school and loves to learn.
·       I love that Reagan does a lot of active things.
·       I love that Reagan loves to help me cook.
·       I love that Reagan is creative and imaginative.
·       I love that Reagan loves to read and learn.

What Corey said about Reagan
·       I like it when Reagan lets me play with her.
·       I like asking questions to Reagan before she goes to bed.
·       I like how Reagan supports me when others may not.
·       I like Reagan’s craftiness and creativity.

What Jared said about Reagan
·       I like how creative Reagan is.
·       I like how Reagan loves to bike and scooter around with people.
·       I like how Reagan jumps on the trampoline with me.
·       I love it that Reagan is usually pretty happy.

What Eric said about Reagan
·       I love Reagan’s hugs and her liveliness

What Nathan loves about Reagan
·       She likes to play games with me that most of the people in the family would not play with me.






No comments:

Post a Comment