Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

It is Easter time once again and I absolutely love it.  Not only is the weather beautiful, but it is such a special day and a good opportunity to teach and to learn more about the Savior.  Our day started out the same way it does each year.  Jake and I were still in bed, but we heard noises of children looking for their Easter baskets.  Jake is probably the best hider in the world, and this year was no exception.  I am not sure how he thinks of great new spots each year, but he does.  The kids spent a lot of time looking and looking for their baskets.  All of the baskets were hidden in either the kitchen or the computer room and we gave them that clue and it still took forever.  I snapped lots of funny pictures of them looking for the baskets.  Corey has now decided that he is too old or too cool or something like that and so he tried to block all of my pictures.  But he failed and I still got some good ones and I told him that he just needs to let his mom take a few pictures.  I don't ask for much when it comes to pictures, but a few here and there should be OK.

Jared actually found Corey's basket, so then Corey went looking for Jared's because it is always fun to find a basket.  I have discovered that Jared is probably the best finder.

Trash can?  No we've used that one before.  
Also, check out those high-waters.  I told Eric that those must have been in the wrong drawer, but he did not seem to care.  

Where could they be?

"Mom, stop taking pictures of me!"

"Really, just leave me alone."

"Stop!"

Most of them are finally found.  Reagan just kept going on about her pretty pink basket with flowers.  Also, she got 5 mini finger nail polish bottles inside and they are the best thing ever.  

Nate got a small Ninjago set and he built it himself.

All the kids with their candy and baskets - what could be better?

Someone was very excited to put on her Easter dress.  She wore it all morning and we even painted her nails to match.  She is all girl!


Reagan was spoiled to have Gramma Jenkerson with us for a couple of days.  

I had to get one shot with my little girl.

The boys really argued about this one, but they finally indulged their mother and we took the shot.


So now that all of the pictures are done, let us get back to more important matters.  The kids and I did finally sit down to have a lesson about Easter.  In the past 2 weeks we have watched the videos posted on lds.org so this time I just used an old flannel board story and had the kids help me with the pictures.  I was actually surprised by how many good questions they asked and I could tell that they really were trying to take it all in.

Today was a big day at church.  The bishopric in our ward was released and Jake was put in as the Bishop.  Wow!  It still sounds pretty strange to say that, but maybe I will get used to it one of these days.  This is never a calling that anyone seeks, but I do need to tell you that Jake and I vividly felt the confirmation from the spirit that this was the right thing.  During the meeting, we had many speakers and I really felt the spirit there with us.  I could not hold in my tears while I spoke, but hopefully people still could understand what I was trying to say.  I do feel so blessed to have the knowledge that I have and to know without a doubt that the gospel is true and that Jesus is the Christ.  What a blessing it is to have that knowledge.  I have felt so many different emotions during the last few months, but I have felt guided by the spirit and I have felt the comfort that the Holy Ghost brings to my life.  I know my Savior lives and I know that if we follow the great example that he has set for us and keep doing all the small and simple things, we will return to live with him someday.  Wow, I just love the feeling that I get when the spirit bears witness and I do not want to let that feeling go.

All the grandparents were here to join us today and Kevin and Christie and family.  It was great to have everyone there for the ordination.  A little later, during the 3rd hour, Jared was ordained a deacon and that was the first ordination by Bishop Devenport.  What a neat day.  I am so happy that Jared is such an awesome boy.  He is so helpful and loving and I hope that carries through into the deacon's quorum and that he can provide lots of great service there.

When Jake made it home later in the evening, we had our Easter feast, played games, and read scriptures.  I do love my children so much and I loved so many of the talks in conference that talked about parents and how being a parent is our biggest calling and one that we will never be released from.  I am very lacking sometimes at being a parent, but we must always press forward and try to be the best we can.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment