- Corey loves 90% of the food that I prepare for him (I consider that a pretty high number). And I am so thankful for a child that seems to genuinely be thankful for the food I give him.
- He is a great babysitter. One of these days, he may not be so available, but he has always been willing to lend a hand.
- He is a lawn mower - along with Nate - and he is learning to do a pretty darn good job at it.
- He has a great smile and he knows how to use it.
- Corey has a great sense of humor. He has really grown and he can take teasing from his parents and really from everyone around him.
- He does not take himself too seriously.
- Corey does take his priesthood responsibilities seriously and Jake has been great at training him up in this area.
- Corey desires to always do his best at school and get good grades.
- Corey is up for any adventure and he does not seem to have any fear.
- Corey is a great big brother. He does love to tease, but he also loves to play with the kids and make them smile and laugh.
- Corey is not afraid to share what he knows to be true.
- Corey knows how to say thank you and make his mom and dad feel that all the work is worth it.
- He loves to be surrounded by people. Corey really does not like to be alone. He is a people person and I love that he just comes and sits and talks with Jake and I at all sorts of different times.
- Corey is determined!!! I know that I sometimes do not like this quality, but really, I do not think that kids these days can survive without being determined.
I woke the boys up for scriptures this morning and I had a sweet surprise for Corey. A friend of mine makes a candy-gram for her kids on each of their birthdays and I decided I would give that a try. They really do not need a bunch of treats, but Corey's face sure did light up when he saw it. I think it made his day, and so in turn, it made mine as well. He also got some new plaid shorts (which all of the sudden he is into) and a new shirt.
After school, Corey came home and enjoyed some free time. We went to dinner at Golden Pride, one of his favorite spots then rushed home for mom and dad to go to a quick meeting. Well, the meeting was not so quick, but then we returned to eat Striped Delight and open Corey's cards. Grandmas and Grandpa's sure know the way to Corey's heart. They sent some cash and who knows what the next gadget will be that he is saving up for. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he rattled off things like, XBOX 360, iphone, dirt bike....etc., etc. As you can see, the list was way out of my price range, but I guess a kid can always dream.
Oh, the anticipation!
That smile was priceless!
The Candy-Gram. Corey even thought it was quite clever!
Mom and Dad even got him pop - a rare treat.
Reagan likes her corn. She stole it from dad, took 6 bites that covered about the whole piece and made it so Jake could not find an unmarred spot.
Money - the way to any boy's heart/









No comments:
Post a Comment