Last summer on our cross country trip, Reagan broke her arm on Cummorah's Hill and Jared cut open his leg at the condo in Pagosa Springs. Both of these occurrences required a visit to the emergency room and Reagan even needed surgery. After Jared hurt himself, Reagan said the following:
Reagan: Did Jared have permission to climb the roof?
Mom: Did you have permission to run down the hill? (Referring to Cummorah's Hill)
Reagan to Corey: You are a teen number, not a teenager
Reagan was being sent away from the dinner table because of an attitude problem and she said the following:
"You just don't want me to eat and be healthy!"
Reagan: The roller skating rink is like a giant dry erase board.
Reagan: When dad says insanity, that is danger.
Jake often says insanity when referring to the kids and certain behavior.
Reagan: The only way I don't want to be like mom and dad is because they poop too long on the toilet. --I guess I should take that as a compliment, because we are so good in every other way.
One day when dad was speaking in church, he was speaking with a lot of power and authority. He was admonishing people to be worthy to use the priesthood and to find out for themselves if the Book of Mormon is really true. This is what the kids had to say about it.
Jared: Whenever dad speaks, it is awesome.
Corey: It was Hollandesque (Corey's favorite apostle)
Reagan: Dad, you give magical firecrackers. (I agree)
Firecrackers mean back scratches.
Corey: " I don't like those chocolate covered acai berries, I can tell by the smell." He had never had one of these and he was defending his position to his friends and then he finally decided to try one. "See, I knew I would not like them - I could tell by the smell."
I think he is crazy, they are delish.
Jared: "Reagan, just let Eric sing, you are ruining the song way more."
Eric: "Wait,...more?"
Eric knew there was an insult in there somewhere.
Corey: "Mom, your children have terrible manners."
Mom: "Look in the mirror, Corey."
Corey: "And see something beautiful."
One day Eric got his hand stuck in the fridge for a moment.
Reagan: "Should someone see if his heart is still pumping?"
After we read the story of Abinadi.
Reagan: "...And they slayed him in fire."
Reagan: "I feel like a dead chicken."
Dad: "What does a dead chicken feel like/"
Reagan: "Probably really tired, but they probably get lots of sleep."
Mom: " Reagan, you are being very unladylike."
Reagan: "Mom, I am not a lady, I am a girl."
Reagan: "We do not get to watch a movie tonight for some stupid reason."
Movie night is sacred around here and you better watch it when plans get changed.
We were talking about steady dating and why we should not do it. Eric only heard part of the conversation and said," What is a study date?"
Mom: "Reagan, your dad and I need to talk for a minute so you need to leave."
Reagan: "I'll just sit here."
Mom: "No, you talk to much."
Reagan: "I can hold it."
After we read scriptures one morning, Reagan noted that she read every single word without any kind of help.
Nate: "Me too!"
Reagan: "You don't need to brag about it."
One day we were eating breakfast burritos and Reagan said," Some people think it tastes so good that it tastes bad." She then was confused when we did not understand what she was saying.
Mom: "Corey, how was the party tonight?"
Corey: "It was good. We had cake and steak, I think."
Mom: "You think?"
Corey: "Well, it was steak or ham."
(Because steak and ham are so similar. Corey has always had trouble identifying meat. He used to call any kind of red meat chicken.)
Corey: "I think it really was not ham because it did not taste like it.
Dad: "Was there a bone in it?"
Corey: "Well, it was either bone or fat. You know those thin membrane kind of bones that you chew on but they don't go away."
Jake and I just could not stop laughing. Corey did not find it very humerous.
We were cleaning up the dinner table after Sunday dinner. Nate tossed a few leftover carrots in the trash and then continued by taking the plate with the roast on it to throw away.
Dad: "Nate, don't throw that away, we want to save it."
Nate: "But it is all rusty."
No comments:
Post a Comment