I look forward to spring break every year and the chance to get a break and have some fun. I usually plan our trip 6 months to a year in advance so that mom can track down a time share for us. That is the way we travel these days (where and when can we get a time share - we are very spoiled). Last year we went to Oceanside and we had a blast, but Corey did miss a tennis match that they had scheduled during spring break (can you believe it?) and this year, since he was a captain, I thought we better stick around for the match. They seem to always have a match on Tuesday during spring break (which makes me super mad!) Also, Corey and Jared both coach tennis and they were both coaching on the Saturdays sandwiching spring break. So, this year I really did not plan anything.
Then a couple of months out, I asked my mom to check Pagosa to see if there were any units available from Tuesday to Saturday. Low and behold, there were. A week later, she told me that they decided to go as well because the 2 bedroom units were so cheap at 12,000 points a pop. My parents have well over 1,000,000 points, so 12,000 is a really good rate. They calculated it out based on their maintenance fees during the year and that adds up to $18 a night for a condo that sleeps 8 people and has a full kitchen. What a deal!
Then I got to thinking....I wonder if there are more units available at that great rate. I knew some other families that did not have plans during spring break and I thought they might like to join us. So mom went back to the website and found 3 more units...hooray! So I invited the Hills, the Eames, and the Lisonbees and they were all able to come, well almost all. A week before we went on the trip, Ashley found out that the baby would be coming pretty soon due to some medical issues and the doctor told her not to leave town. So we missed out on the Hills and the Burtons came to join us. Good thing Ashley stayed, because she had the baby early Friday morning, and he was 6 weeks early so that would not have been a fun situation to deal with in Colorado.
We had a lot of fun on the trip. We arrived on Tuesday at 4:00, got unpacked, ate and everyone came over to my unit for games and the hot tub. The hot tub is attached to the unit, but you have to go out back to access the hot tub. It started snowing and I think we had about 10-12 kids in the hot tub. They would get in the hot tub, run outside and slide in the snow, and then run back into the hot tub. I had great pics of all of this, but alas, no memory card in the camera, so I really don't have any pics of it. It was fun to watch. Jake and Corey and Jared arrived very late that night, and the other husbands came a little later in the week.
The trip was full of sledding, game playing, swimming, hot tubbing, mini golfing, and wallyball. Many of the men and some of the boys went fishing on Friday morning. They did not catch a things, but seemed to enjoy themselves. It was great fun to vacation with these other families. Good food, fun, and company.
 |
| This is how Reagan sledded down the hill. She put the hat on covering her whole face to avoid snow spray. I would have been way more scared to not see. |
 |
| Most of the crew. |
 |
| JR had a great hat. |
 |
| Look at that form. |
 |
| This is how Andrew looked most of the day. |
 |
| The happy dance. |
 |
| And you can really feel the excitement with these boys. |
 |
| Corey calls this finesse. |
 |
| Wallyball became a quick favorite by all. |
 |
| This is my only hot tub shot since I had no memory card before....bummer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment