Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Funnies

Jake went down to Las Cruces for a very quick trip this weekend in order to get his mom's computer working again.  He took Reagan and Jared with him.  Really, we thought that Jared and Eric would like to go, but Eric was in the middle of his wii turn when it was time to go, so he was no longer interested.  As soon as Reagan heard the word "trip," she was off to the races.  She hears that word or that someone is going somewhere and she always runs to grabs her shoes.  She put them on and stood by her dad and would not leave his side because she was afraid we were going to pull a fast one on her and let dad sneak out to go.  Jake decided that grandma would love to see her and that she would probably be well behaved and he did not want to break that little heart of hers, so he took her along.  She slept the whole way down and I hear that the only time she got upset was when she was leaving Great Grandma Jenkerson's house - she was having a great time riding the tractor. 

So while Reagan and the others were gone, I had some funny moments with Nathan.  When he came to wake me up on Saturday morning, he said, "mom, when is Reagan coming back?"    I said that she would not be back until later in the day.  Then Nate got very sad and said, "but that is going to be a long, long time."  This is a common phrase that we hear from Nathan.  In fact, I think I heard it about 5 times yesterday.  I asked him to put his towel away and he said, "but that is going to take a long, long time."  I asked him to get his Sunday clothes out, "but that is going to take a long, long time."  And so on and so forth.  It is funny that I never hear that comment when it is time to watch a movie - I wonder why that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment