Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mini Me

So I am finding that having a little girl is definitely different than having boys.  First of all, the boys always try to be like their dad, which is a good thing.  But I now have a child who wants to do things like her mom.  Every time I get dressed for some church function, Reagan quickly tells me, "I want to go to the Church of Jesus Christ too."  This is great on the days when she is going with me, but on those days when I am the only one going on a church assignment, it makes for a very disappointed little girl.  However, every Sunday morning, it is very easy to get Reagan ready for church, because she wants to put on a dress, just like me.  I have learned that I need to be a little sneaky with her.  I usually lay her clothes out by her diapers the night before church.  When I wake her up, I rush her out of the room to get dressed before she can decide to look in the closet and pick her own clothes.  She always goes for the summer dresses or two things that completely do not match, so I have to watch her on that because she is very persistent once she gets something in her brain.

On Sunday, I was preparing dinner for some company that we were having over.  I went ahead and put my apron on.  Within a minute, Reagan has out one of her bibs (which she no longer uses as bibs) and she wants it on.  The bib is her form of an apron.  I laugh every single time she does this

Many times I wear shirts with buttons.  Reagan gets dressed before me a lot of days and when she sees that I have buttons and she does not, she quickly goes to pick out another shirt with buttons.  She also likes to put a sweater on when she sees me wearing one.  I guess I better be really careful about all of the things that I am doing so that Reagan does really have a good example to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment