Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reagan's love for Backpacks and Music

The one thing that I am loving about this blog is the fact that when something happens, I can quickly write it down - because I do tend to forget a lot of the little and fun things.

Today, Reagan and I went to the store to pick up some supplies.  Nathan was at preschool, so it was just the two of us.  Let me just say that Reagan can be truly awful at the store, but today and Tuesday, she was a joy.  At Walmart, I picked up a cute princess backpack that was just her size and that rolls with a handle.  I quickly scanned the price and saw that it was only $5, which I thought was a great deal.  So I showed it to Reagan.  From that moment on, it was hers.  She wore it, she rolled it around the store, and she did everything I asked, until we got to the checkout stand.  I told her that she needed to take it off so we could buy it.  She wanted nothing to do with that.  The checkout lady told me not to worry about it and that she would scan it with her gun.  She came around and Reagan started to run away.  She was so afraid that we were going to take the backpack away.  We finally got it scanned and all was well.  We went to 4 stores after that and she had to take the backpack everywhere.  In fact, right now she is taking a nap and her backpack is right beside her in bed.

Another fun thing with Reagan is that she loves to sing.  In the stores, in the car, at home, she is singing all of the time.  I was just putting Reagan to bed and we were singing her favorite song, "I Am a Child of God."  We sing all 3 verses and she knows all of the words to every verse.  All of my kids have loved music and singing, but Reagan just seems to love it even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment