Well, our spring break was a little bit different this time around. I think it has been 6 or 7 years since we have not gone anywhere for spring break, but this ended up being one of those years. For the past 5 out of 7 years, we have gone to Pagosa Springs, Colorado and stayed at a time share so that we could ski at Wolfcreek and play around at the condos. This year, we were unable to get a condo, and there was not any place else that we really wanted to try and go so we decided to stay here and have some fun outings at home.
On Sunday evening, we sat down with kids and voted on the activities that we wanted to do. Jake decided to take Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon off so that he could enjoy some of the activities with us.
Monday was a day to have friends over and go play at the park. This was actually a top vote getter at our house. Our kids love playing outside and they love playing with friends, so it is a good combination. We had lots of fun just playing around and we tried out a couple of parks to make everyone happy. For family home evening, we had a first for our household. We all (including Reagan) decided to go and see Tangled at the dollar theater. The boys were not sure if this would be any good, since it is a story about a girl, but I think it surprised them and they actually liked it. Reagan did not watch a lot of the movie, but she stayed in our row and I never had to take her out, so I call that an accomplishment. I thought she might really enjoy this movie, but it was too long for her attention span.
On Tuesday, we had our most exciting and most costly adventure. The kids really wanted to go to Hinkle Family Fun Center. So we went and again took some friends and spent a couple of hours playing anything and everything that we could. Nathan loved the bumper cars. He did it 3 times in a row and I think he loved it the most because he could drive the car himself. I did not see Corey and his friends the whole time, but they had a great time. Jake was not feeling great, so I probably should have left him at home with Reagan, but we want Reagan to be able to enjoy some of these things as well. She loved the mini golf.
On Wednesday, our outing was a hike (or rather, rock climbing, in the Sandias). Eric does not like the term "hike" because that is not nearly as exciting as climbing boulders. On this day, I did not bring the backpack for Reagan because she is usually always wanting to get out. Well, on this day, she was very scared of touching any cactus, so she would not move most of the time unless you were carrying her. Very tiring for mom and dad. Corey, Eric, and Nathan were climbing rocks all over the place. It is good that I do not over think these adventures because I would never take my boys. They are daredevils and will do all sorts of things. Jared is a little more cautious, but he still gets in on the action. Jake is also scaling all sorts of scary, steep rocks. Boys will be boys.
Thursday, we decided to go to Putt-Putt. We went first thing when it opened so that it would not be busy and it was great. I always have some coupons, so we can actually do it really cheaply. I told the boys we would not do any arcade games, but I had a surprise for them. After the golf, we went out to eat and then we went to Target and I let them all pick out a $1 box of candy. This is something I never do, so they were very excited. I then gave them quite a bit of free video time that day. I figured a couple of hours of video games during spring break would be OK.
Friday was our day for bowling. I had quite a few mopers and bad sports at the bowling alley so we had to talk about that later. At this bowling alley that we go to, you can rent a lane by the hour, so we played for two hours and we bowled four games. We had lots of fun, except for the pouters. Later in the day, we went to Sonic for half price slushies and the kids really enjoyed the treat.
Saturday was filled with soccer games again. Although this was a different spring break, we still had lots of fun. We missed skiing, but I kind of enjoyed not having to take a day or more preparing for a trip. Oh, and I cannot forget March Madness. We did spend some time watching some basketball and of course, we were cheering on those Cougars. Exciting stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment