Monday, April 11, 2011

Car Rides

Last week we were on our way to pack meeting with the car full of everyone in our family, except for Corey.  Corey was still at soccer practice when we left for pack meeting, so he missed out on all the fun.
Jared had watched Reagan for a few minutes while I dropped Eric off at piano lessons.  For pack meeting, I had made 3 pans of brownies for refreshments.  They were sitting on the stove cooling off.  Reagan snuck up to the stove while I was gone and basically massacred a pan of brownies.  She dug a butter knife into the pan trying to cut herself some pieces.  She did this throughout the entire pan.  Oh, the joy.
Jared finally discovered what was going on and he decided he was going to trick Reagan into going into timeout.  Jared was telling us this story as we were all in the car together.  So he threw her blanket into her room and asked her to go and get it.  She said, “No, Jared, you go get it.”  When Jared refused, she finally went in after the blanket and Jared shut the door and locked her in.  We explained to Jared that he needed to tell her the truth and not deceive her.  I told him that his sister needs to be able to trust him.  Yes, she will cry and be ornery if you put her in her room for timeout and that is OK, just do not lie to her.  Then Jake told Jared that she is a smart girl and she will see right through that kind of ploy in the future.  Reagan then piped up and said, “I’m not stupid.”  It was the cutest little voice that she used.  Indeed, she is not stupid and she probably understood all of our conversation.   Kids really are too smart for us sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment