Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Bit if This and a Little Bit of That

I mostly just wanted to post a few pictures that tell some stories in and of themselves.  First of all, Corey is working on his physical fitness merit badge for scouts, so everyday he spends some time doing push ups and sit ups.  As shown in the picture, Nate and Reagan like to try to attempt the push ups also.  Their form provides for a good laugh.



Then we have some great shots of Eric.  Eric has become quite an independent boy.  He never asks me to cut an apple for him anymore, he just hops on the counter so that he can use all his muscles to push down on the apple cutting device.  We also have a great shot of him after playing for a long time on the trampoline.  He worked up quite a sweat and the spiky hair was the result.




Then, we have some great shots of Corey.  I told him that I was going to use the shot of him with Reagan's blanket as blackmail (a boy curled up in a pink, flowery, girly blanket, but Corey loves it because it is so soft).  That is when the huge smile appeared on his face.  I also had to get a shot of Corey reading.  He cannot seem to put down the new Rick Riordan books.  In fact, he stole one from me while I was reading it.  We have had them for a while, but he finally caught the vision and is staying up late each night to read, read, and read some more.



The last shots come about on the last of the 4 snow days.  We played in the snow, we played with friends, we had some movie time, we built some forts,  but when the 4th snow day came, I was at a loss of what to do.  Then I remembered that I had some bionicle stuff in my closet that was on clearance a long time ago.  The bionicles are not the favorites of my kids, but I knew this would be a good time to bring them out.   Corey had a big ship and guy to build.  Jared, Eric, and Nate all had a bionicle to build and play with.  Then I remembered Reagan.  Luckily, I am always buying things on clearance.  I had a little one dollar polly pocket that I had stashed away for her.  She is probably a bit young for it, but then she did not feel left out from the gifts that just randomly showed up.  When dad got home, he asked Corey why he got a cool bionicle ship.  Corey replied, "mom wanted to keep me busy so that I was not bugging everyone else."  Oh, how true!





No comments:

Post a Comment