Saturday, February 19, 2011

Silly Little Girls


So, really I am just going to talk about one "silly little girl' and that is the only one in our family – Reagan.  Of course, I am not ever a silly girl.

Anyways, about 3 weeks ago, Reagan began to have real problems with us shutting the door to her room when she goes to bed.  When she stopped sleeping in her crib in December, we had a real hard time with her going to bed, so we finally locked her in.  This proved effective.  However, a few weeks ago, she did not want the door closed at night, so we gave in and left the door open a crack with the light on.  Reagan then proceeds to stay sitting in her sleeping bag bed and looking at books.  Sometimes she does this for a couple of hours.  She finally drifts off to sleep and we turn off her light and shut the door. One evening, Jake thought she was asleep and turned off her light and shut the door.  He then went to get something from the kitchen.  When he returned, Reagan's door was open and the light was back on.  She is so funny!  We do not know what uncanny sense she has about the door and the light, but we find it quite humorous.  I guess it is good for her that she does not share her room with anyone. 

You may wonder why I have a picture of a dresser with clothes hanging out of it.  Yesterday, I was folding clothes and in the process of putting them away.  I always fold the clothes in the boys' room since most of the clothes end up in that room.  One of the kids interrupted me and I needed to take care of some things.  When I returned to put the clothes away, it looked liked Reagan was missing some clothes.  Reagan had been in the room with me and so I wondered if Reagan had taken her clothes and put them away.  I went to Reagan's room, and I saw the picture below.  Bless her heart; she had gone to put her clothes away.  Now, granted, they were not put neatly away, but it is definitely the thought that counts.  I told Jake and he rightly stated that our boys would never have done that without being asked.  Of course, Reagan does love clothes and I think that has something to do with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment