Friday, April 29, 2016

21 Years

Jake and I celebrated our 21st anniversary on Friday.  We woke up to some vandalism to one of our cars and it was not the greatest way to start out our day.  Jake ended up taking the day off of work so that we could sort out some more things and get the truck back working again.  Even though some yucky things have been happening to us lately, we have tried to keep our spirits high and just keep plugging on.

Jake and I had talked about going off on our own just for overnight, but we opted to have a family anniversary celebration.  The younger kids were especially excited.  Reagan decided we needed to get some balloons and so I took her to the dollar store and we bought 3 bags of balloons.  Then Nathan and Reagan used the compressor and blew up all the balloons.  They then rubbed the balloons on their heads to create static and put them all up on the ceiling.  It was quite festive!

Jake wanted Pei Wei, so we got takeout and enjoyed dinner, talking about our wedding, and then playing some Dutch Blitz.  After all of that, we watched the Peanuts movie together.  I have to admit that I fell asleep (a common experience for me during movies), but everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

We missed Corey during the night as he already had plans with some friends, but it was great for the rest of us to spend some family time together.  I sure cannot imagine my life without each and every member of our beautiful family.  We have our ups and downs, but with each other, we really can get through anything.

I am so glad I married my best friend 21 years ago.  The time together just keeps getting better and better!









No comments:

Post a Comment