Thursday, April 21, 2016

Little Things

Here is a run down of a few of the things going on this month.

Pine Wood Derby.

This is always an adventure just to even complete the car.  I even helped out quite a bit on this car due to Jake's limited time.  I love to see all the smiling faces of the boys though.  They all seemed to have a great time.  











Soccer.

Eric is the only one playing competitive soccer.  He plays goalie and has no fear.  I have seen some real improvement this year and I caught some great pictures.  He seems to always have a sore back after every game from all of his running and diving.   The last game he played was spectacular.  His team was down 3 - 0 and they came back to tie it up in the last 30 seconds.  Eric had some amazing saves!  He comes out of the box a lot and races to the ball to help his team out.  This makes all the parents freak out, but I keep telling him that he is doing the right thing, and his coach even agrees.  I am not sure how long he will keep playing soccer due to big soccer changes in New Mexico.  His team is going to be broken up and I am not sure how things will play out, but he has enjoyed it while it has lasted.









Corey and his socks.

When my nephew Tyler was married a year ago, he got some fun and colorful socks for his family and others in the wedding party.  The socks were teal with peach polka dots.  When we went to visit the Tucson cousins after Christmas, cousin Ryan said the boys needed to go and get some.  So off we went to the Express Factory Outlet store for some fancy socks.  Corey and Jared both got a pair and then they each picked another pair.  Here is a shot of Corey after church wearing his other pair of socks.  I must admit that I think it is pretty fun!




Jared's tennis season.

Here are some pics of Jared's last tennis game of the season.  He ended up missing the tournament because it rained on Saturday and the games were cancelled, so they moved the whole tournament to Sunday.  His coach was bummed that he would not be there, but we are always very up front that Sunday is not a sports day for us and people seem to respect that.  Jared had a great season.  He was #2 on the team and always played a singles and doubles match each game.  I think he only lost one or two matches the whole season.  He really wants to improve and goes to practice on his own all the time.  






Reagan and her missing front teeth.

This little girl of mine has a big whole in her head.  The missing teeth and too cute and I had to make sure I got some good pics of that holey mouth.  The kids love to help me when I am cooking up the tortillas and I love having the help.  Too bad they do not love to do the dishes, clean their rooms, put away their laundry....










No comments:

Post a Comment